The department of Electrical Engineering was established in the year 1961 just after the year of establishment of the college in 1960 with an initial intake capacity of 30 students which was increased to 60 after few years. The department offers B.E. (Electrical Engineering) degree course vide regulations of Dibrugarh University. In addition to B.E. (Electrical Engineering) the department also introduced B.E. (Instrumentation Engineering) degree course from 1st August 1992 vide regulations of Dibrugarh University, dividing the student intake as 40 for B.E. (Electrical Engineering) degree course, and 20 for B.E. (Instrumentation Engineering) degree course. The students are selected vide a Combined Entrance Examination of Higher Secondary students each year. Additional intake of 10% of initial intake is admitted in 3rd semester vide Lateral Entry competitive examination of Diploma students in each course.
Develop as centre of excellence in electrical engineering for producing competent professionals for sustainable industrial and societal growth.
- To impart quality technical education at UG, PG and PhD levels.
- To promote continuing effective interactions with academia, alumni and industry.
- To inculcate creativity, societal and ethical values.
- To develop a sustainable learning environment.
PEO – Program Educational Objectives
- Professionals who can pursue good career in academia, industry and societal institutions.
- Motivated for continuing higher studies in Electrical Engineering and its allied domains
PSO – Program Specific Outcomes
- Design, develop and illustrate an electrical engineering system to meet desired needs of academia and research.
- Apply the knowledge gained during the course to identify, formulate and solve real life problems faced in industries and social environment.