The department of Mechanical Engineering was introduced in the college in the year 1962 with an initial intake capacity of 30 students per year. It was subsequently increased to present class size of 90 students. Over the years, the department has earned a place of high repute through its quality teaching and rigorous practical training.
The department has a strength of three Professors, six Asst. Professors, thirteen Lecturers and six technicians. The faculties comprise of specialised persons in designs, Dynamics, Fluid machineries, Non conventional energy, Quality control, Fluid dynamics, Operation research, Industrial Engineering, Pollution, Production Systems, Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Robotics etc. They have published several technical papers in prestigious National and International Journals and International Conferences. To know more …...MED Handbook
In pursuit of a centre of excellence in mechanical engineering and maintain it through a continuous effective learning-teaching process and need-based research.
- To adopt effective learning-teaching processes to build students capacity and enhance their skills.
- To nurture the students to adapt to the changing academic needs and industrial expectations.
- To develop professionals to meet industrial and societal challenges.
- To motivate students for entrepreneurial ventures for nation-building.
Programme Educational Objectives:
- Competency in domain knowledge, expertise and self-confidence for professional carrier, advanced studies, R&D, entrepreneurial ventures activities, and facing challenges in professional life.
- Design, develop, and improve effective domain based systems, tools and techniques that are socio-economically feasible and acceptable, and those technologies / developments for improving quality of life.
- Demonstrate professionalism through effective communication skill, ethical and societal commitment, team spirit, leadership quality through life-long learning to realize career and organisational goal and participate in nation building.
Programme Specific Objectives:
- Capable to establish a career in Mechanical and interdisciplinary areas with the commitment to the society and the nation.
- Graduates will be armed with engineering principles, analysing tools and techniques and creative ideas to analyse, interpret and improve mechanical engineering systems.