STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT (SEPTEMBER 2018)
- E 7th semester students Ms. Anindita Bhuyan and Mr. Pritam Bhattacharya got selected for Edupack Overseas internship program. Under this program they will be doing winter internship in overseas universities.
- E. 5th semester students Ms. Madhusmita Patir, Ms. Sringbili Charangsa, Ms. Sarmina Aktara Begum and Ms. Puja Hassan participated a 2 days workshop on Bridge Design at IIT Guwahati from 31st August to 1st September, 2018.
- Manab Jyoti Adhikari, B.E. 3rd semester student, got the 3rd best debater prize in VADVIVADA: Inter Hostel & Open Competition held on 12th September, 2018 at JEC. He also got the prize for 2nd best debate team (Hostel) in the same event.
- In 5th Jorhat Open All Assam State Swimming Championship 2018, Ms. Plavita Baruah, B.E 3rd semester student CED, got Gold medal in 50 meters Backstroke and 50 meters Freestyle, 100 meters Backstroke, 50 meters Butterfly and Silver medal in 50 meters Breaststroke style swimming event. She was also the best swimmer in the group (Open).
- In 5th Jorhat Open All Assam State Swimming Championship 2018, Mr. Bhargov Phukan, M.E 3rd semester student CED, won Gold medal in 50 meters Freestyle open (boys) swimming event.
- In Golaghat Open, Assam Swimming Championship 2018, Ms. Arunava Phukan, B.E 3rd semester student CED, got 2nd position in 100 meters Backstroke, 50 meters breaststroke and 3rd position in 100 meters freestyle swimming event.
STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT (JUNE 2018)
- E. and 8th Semester B.E. students attended a One-day National Workshop on, Recent Developments in Civil and Earthquake Engineering, 2018 at CSIR-NEIST, Jorhat on 9th April, 2018.
- Shamsuz Zaman and Ms. Seema Kumari published research articles in JCEET, Krishi Sankriti Publications, Vol. 5 (4), April-June, 2018.
- A plantation drive was organized by out-going B.E. students (batch 2014-18) of CED on 13th June, 2018 where faculties and students took active part and showed their concern towards the environment.
- The department congratulates Mr. Kawshik Hazarika and Mr. Sopun Bora for being recruited as Senior Engineer (in Probation) in Oil India Limited; and Mr. Bhaskarjyoti Saikia and Mr. Bishal Paul for being recruited in Kalpataru Power Transmission Limited.
- The department congratulates Mr. Debasish Das for selection in M.Tech. program in Transportation Engineering at NIT Silchar (GATE 2018); and Mr. Akash Roy for selection M.B.A. program in IIM Kashipur
STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT (APRIL 2018)
- Seema Kumari of M.E. 4th semester was awarded 3rd prize on Poster Presentation in NCRAST-2018 under TEQIP-III held in March, 2018 at ASTU, Guwahati.
- Sutanuka Nath, Mr. Mriganka Borkotoky and Mr. Shamsuz Zaman of M.E. 4th semester presented research articles in NCRAST-2018 under TEQIP-III held in March, 2018 at ASTU, Guwahati.
- Debashis Das, Ms. Sikhamoni Borah, Mr. Pranjyoti Prodhani, Mr. Ankur Das, Mr. Dibya Jyoti Borah, Mr. Deepjyoti Nath, Mr. Akash Roy, Ms. Priyanka Saikia, Ms. Himakshi Saikia and Mr. Budhadev Mili of B.E. 8th Semester qualified in GATE 2018.
- Mr. Spun Borah of B.E. 8th semester participated in the oral presentation session at RECYCLE 2018 held in February, 2018 at IIT Guwahati.
- Sabyasachi Gogoi of B.E. 8th semester presented research article in NCRAST-2018 under TEQIP-III held in March, 2018 at ASTU, Guwahati.
- Pritam Bhattacharyya, Mr. Avishek Goswami and Mr. Mousom Mrinmoy Kashyap of B.E. 6th semester participated in “Bridge Design, Fabrication and Testing Workshop” conducted by Skyfi Labs at IIT Guwahati.
- Saurav Dutta and Ms. Maitry Phukan of B.E. 4th semester were selected to attend the Annual Training Camp of Unit 51 ASSAM AIR(T) SQN NCC under GP Directorate NER, DTE Shillong, held in January – February, 2018 at NCC Academy Jorhat.
- Arghyadeep Das of B.E. 4th semester was awarded with Distinction Performance in 2 days Project Based Training Program on Tall Buildings organized by Skyfi Labs in Jorhat Engineering College.
error: Content is protected !!