Identification of Projects and Allocation Methodology to Faculty Members
- At the beginning of 7th semester, the students are notified to form project groups consisting of not more than 4 members. The department participates in the group formation to make a balanced group. A balance group shall have students with different grades and background.
- After formation of groups , the groups are asked to submit a preference proposal (at least two) stating the following:
- Department / course of study
- Group number and name of the group members
- Broad area in which project to be undertaken
- Topic of interest / problem, if decided.
- The departmental scrutiny committee decides the appropriate proposal to be accepted based on objectives, feasibility, cost, etc.
- On the basis of the area / topic of interest, available faculty is assigned as the supervisor/guide of a group.
- The group, in consultation with their supervisor submits project proposal to the department. The proposal includes problem statements, objective, methodology and approximate cost estimation.
- The HoD arranges a project registration seminar. All project supervisors and faculty members / ME Students / Guest faculty members are to attend the seminar.
- The project coordinator appointed by the HoD plans project schedule that includes date of reviews, evaluation methods, assessment rubrics and report submission.
- The project supervisor is responsible to monitor the progress of project work. He is expected to help the group in searching resources, planning the activities and preparing action plans to complete the work as per academic calendar.
- The supervisor is to meet the groups 4 hours weekly in specified project class hours to resolve problems encountered and judge the involvement of individual group members in the project work. He needs to keep proper record of such sittings and Head of the department monitors the activities assigned to the supervisors.
The project evaluation phase has two components:
- As part of internal (continuous) evaluation, two reviews are carried out by the project review committee and supervisor.
- Assessment rubrics are provided by the project coordinator during reviews.
- External evaluation is done by external examiner appointed by the affiliating university in the final viva-voce.
The evaluation is as per the following scheme:
- 7th SEM : Total: 100+50 = 150
- 8th SEM : Total: 150+50 = 200